Initial Session Paperwork
Some forms and questionnaires need to be completed prior to your first appointment. Please download the applicable forms below and return by email, fax or bring them to your first appointment. Alternatively a copy will be available in the waiting room if you prefer to come in 10 minutes before your appointment and do them.
Click here to complete an online questionnaire which should take about 5 to 7 minutes. You will be taken to an external site where you will need to log in using your date of birth and client ID which should have been provided to you. Once you have logged in click on Begin. Please contact us if you do not have your client ID.
How can I get the most from my sessions?
Here are some things you can consider, as well as do, to get the maximum benefit from your sessions at Live Well Now.
- Try and be clear about what you want to achieve from the sessions. For example, how will your life be different when you are finished with counselling, or how will you know the counselling has been helpful?
- Try and attend all appointments on time. The time scheduled is set aside just for you and we will finish at the allocated time.
- Come prepared to be open about your concerns. We know it can be hard to open up, but we can’t help you if we do not have a full understanding of what is happening in your life. It is not our place to judge you, only help you get the most out of your life.
- Be prepared to try new ways of doing things. We know it can be scary but chances are that what you have been doing may not have been helping so it may help to think and do things a different way!
- Do complete any assigned tasks between sessions. You will save yourself a lot of time and money if you work between sessions. Change can be hard and requires practice.
- Do keep handouts together in a safe place so that you can refer back to them at a later date.
- Do access other resources on this site and follow our Facebook page for additional tips and resources.
- Do notice positive change as well as areas of avoidance or struggle. Document these between sessions as it can be difficult to remember by the time your next appointment comes around.
Please be aware that Live Well Now Psychology is not a crisis service. Phone calls after hours will not be answered and while all attempts will be made to offer emergency appointments, this may not always be possible. There are a number of 24 hour crisis services including:
Mental Health Acute Care Team – 1300 64 22 55 (24hr)
Lifeline – 13 11 14 (24 hr)
Beyond Blue – 1300 22 4636
Kids Helpline – 1800 55 1800 (For ages 5 to 25 years, 24 hr)
Parentline – 1300 30 1300 (8am to 10pm)
If you are on a Mental Health Care Plan it is a requirement by Medicare that we keep your GP informed of your progress. This will be done following your 6th sessions or your last, whichever comes first. If you will not be attending any further sessions then please let us know so that we may keep your GP informed.
Please do let us know if you have any questions, concerns or complaints. We strive to provide an excellent service, but if we have failed to meet your expectations in any way we would appreciate your feedback so that we may improve.